Recent Blog Posts
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Tropical Events Then and Now - Open thatched huts, tiki masks, indoor torches and faux palm trees dotted this Tropical event from the 1990’s. Flash forward to the 21st Century and this evolved Tropical event features Illuminated Redwood Dining Tables with Leaf Images and impressive indoor oversized LED trees with sparkling gingko leaves. Overhead bamboo ceiling treatments adorned with live foliage...
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Speakeasy Events Then and Now - Ok, this is pretty embarrassing (warned you) but our very first prop in 1985 was a very HEAVY cast iron bathtub that we used for a mannequin and “balloon” bubbles. The bathtub is long gone and the theme has been updated and upgraded with a fourteen-foot glowing bar, beautiful table decor and soft lighting.
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Outdoor Park Events Then and Now - A combination of foliage lit with miniature lights, a marble fountain, a backdrop of French Windows and park benches were some of the design elements used in this event from the late 1980’s. A much more modern version still had a fountain but incorporated interesting lighting, wooden trellis’ adorned with chandeliers and beautiful table settings.
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Beach Events Then and Now - OK, this was fun but challenging! The Inn at Spanish Bay allowed us to bring in a sand pit for an indoor beach volleyball game. Thatched huts, sand chairs, beach towels, and the occasional kite. Our light-box tables with beach ball images and acrylic wave ceiling treatment gives the more recent beach party an updated...
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Under The Sea Events Then and Now - It seems there was a lot of shimmer going on in the 1990’s. The infamous “shimmer curtain” provided the backdrop for iced birch and glittered coral. Tables covered in royal blue and teal lame were adorned with floral arrangements in acrylic shells. What could be better than an “under the sea” event at the Monterey...
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Trees -
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Regatta Events Then and Now - Nautical flags, clusters of balloons and glittered anchors were some of the decor elements used in this Regatta party in the early 1990’s. This party dating back to 2013 features custom tables with a bronze wave design, nautical stripe chair backs and nautical lanterns.
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Fisherman’s Wharf/Cannery Row Events Then and Now - A scenic backdrop sets the scene for our homage to Cannery Row and Fisherman’s Wharf. I used to really like these fish balloons we called “fish hoppers” until I had to do them myself. In 2017 we took the theme in a different direction and played off the vintage Sardine labels as a design element.
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Golf Events Then and Now - Some groups can’t get enough golf! In the 1990’s we brought the game inside The Inn at Spanish Bay tm (part of Pebble Beach ResortsR.) Fast forward twenty years and we celebrated golf in a different way with our glowing light-box tables, argyle table tops and a beautiful backdrop.
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Boardwalk Events Then and Now - This colorful take on a Boardwalk theme was fun with our table-top sailboats, scenic backdrop and sand pails of flowers! Still colorful, the updated Boardwalk event featured seating at brightly colored pier tables and some fun ceiling elements. The scenic backdrop, however, still made the cut!