Recent Blog Posts
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Trees -
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Regatta Events Then and Now - Nautical flags, clusters of balloons and glittered anchors were some of the decor elements used in this Regatta party in the early 1990’s. This party dating back to 2013 features custom tables with a bronze wave design, nautical stripe chair backs and nautical lanterns.
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Fisherman’s Wharf/Cannery Row Events Then and Now - A scenic backdrop sets the scene for our homage to Cannery Row and Fisherman’s Wharf. I used to really like these fish balloons we called “fish hoppers” until I had to do them myself. In 2017 we took the theme in a different direction and played off the vintage Sardine labels as a design element.
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Golf Events Then and Now - Some groups can’t get enough golf! In the 1990’s we brought the game inside The Inn at Spanish Bay tm (part of Pebble Beach ResortsR.) Fast forward twenty years and we celebrated golf in a different way with our glowing light-box tables, argyle table tops and a beautiful backdrop.
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Boardwalk Events Then and Now - This colorful take on a Boardwalk theme was fun with our table-top sailboats, scenic backdrop and sand pails of flowers! Still colorful, the updated Boardwalk event featured seating at brightly colored pier tables and some fun ceiling elements. The scenic backdrop, however, still made the cut!
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Paris Events Then and Now - In the early Nineties, three-dimensional street scenes defined the theme. The above shot was taken in our warehouse to see what else was needed… looking at the shot from 2017, I would say that adding the specialty lighting, foliage, and some dramatic elements certainly made for a better look.
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Under the Sea - Our blue/green backdrop sets the stage for our glass block bar and hand painted fish for an Under the Sea party in the 1990’s. Many years later, taking inspiration from the Jellyfish exhibit at The Monterey Bay Aquarium, we fabricated acrylic cocktail tables that can be lit in any color, Jellyfish buffet tables and Dining...
- 100 Things to Celebrate – Sports - 100 Things to Celebrate – Sports We created this “Cheers-style” Sports bar for an event in the mid-nineties. Fast forward twenty years and the same group wanted to create a Sports bar for their final night. Dressed as their favorite sports icons or teams, this group knows how to have FUN!
- 100 Things to Celebrate: REcycling - 100 Things to celebrate, recycle. Throwback Thursdays to highlight past event design from Illusions of Grandeur.
- 100 Things to Celebrate: Summer - Celebrate Summer and the nature and abundance that comes along with it!